Kitchen Help Needed
We are looking for a hard-working Prep Cook, responsible for setting up workstations in the kitchen and preparing ingredients for the cooking process. The Prep Cook performs basic cooking duties, monitors stock levels, and takes on culinary tasks as they arise.
To be a successful Prep Cook, you should understand and be willing to comply with food and sanitation guidelines and regulations, be quick and diligent, and willing to improve on the job. You should be able to follow instructions and work in a fast-paced environment.
Depending on work experience and qualifications pay will be $9-$13 per hour.
Prep Cook Responsibilities:
- Set up and sanitizing work stations.
- Follow prep lists created by chefs.
- Measuring ingredients/seasonings, and preparing cooking ingredients.
- Preparing and plating simple dishes.
- Ensuring all food items are properly stored and easily accessible.
- Assisting chefs in preparing food and attending to any culinary tasks that arise.
- Distributing plates to wait staff to be served, cleaning plates for dish washing, and packing take away packages for customers.
- Supervising food and refrideration temperatures.
- Maintaining a clean, orderly, and sanitized kitchen.
Prep Cook Requirements:
- Experience as a prep cook may be advantageous but not necessary if candidate is willing to learn.
- Manual dexterity to operate cooking tools such as knives.
- Strong team working and communication skills.
- Physical endurance to work long shifts in a busy environment. (Part time position may still require you to perform long shifts from time to time)
- Flexibility to possibly work weekends, nights, and holidays.
- Ability to work in stressful, fast-paced environment.
- Willing to learn and master job tasks and move to line cook to assist chefs when needed.